Name:
Location: Florida

I moved to the U.S in 1972 hence MiddlePassage72. I am married with two sons.

Monday, July 09, 2007

I just returned from South Florida for the 4th of July. Rediscovered my roots on the paternal side of the family. I am a descendant of a Guyanese grandfather who traveled to Barbados and met my grandmother and then returned home.

Incredibly after many years the family has reunited. I wonder how many others share a similar story throughout the islands of ancestors who moved about trying to find work, or a place that they could be comfortable and live life.

Hard to imagine what an impact we leave to discover now more than 63 years later that there are connections to a whole other heritage that I can lay claim too.

I think that I will enjoy my search for my roots.

More to come as the journey continues on the middle passage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home